The Bears and The Bulls
Economic theory teaches us that in order for an economy to grow over the long term, it must expand and contract in the short term – growing pains if you will. While we know all this in advance, it is somehow always easier to enjoy the market upturns and not so easy to weather the market downturns. It is important to understand that market downturns are part of overall economic growth. While we may witness peaks and valleys in the short term, markets will always rebound and rise beyond previous values in the long term. This is what history teaches us and from a financial sense, history always repeats itself.
At the end of this seminar, participants will learn some key facts to keep in mind during times of market downturns:
- Placing blame is not as important as acting quickly to help mitigate losses
- Understand the emotions of investing and ensure you do not fall prey to them
- Do not ignore the situation - creating a plan of action given your personal situation is important
- Understand that such times, while negative, can represent good buying opportunities – the market is on sale
- Employer-sponsored plans can offer a very attractive place to invest due to employer contributions and lower Investment Management Fees (IMFs)
- Market downturns can be a great time to re-balance your portfolio
Location: Online Webinar
Time: 12:00 noon to 1:00p.m.