Audience: The session is open to all newly hired and existing York non-academic managers and employees.
Learn about how York University conducts the procurement process and who has responsibility for acquisitions on behalf of one's department.
Attendees will gain an understanding of:
- the various roles and responsibilities of all parties throughout the procurement cycle;
- how to achieve fair market and best value when purchasing for York University;
- the various types of payment options and when to apply them;
- the importance of compliance;
- how to identify and minimize risk;
- the functions of Procurement Services and how we can assist with the procuring of goods and services;
- the various laws and regulations that impact the procurement process including the Competition Act, Competitive Bidding Law and Contract Law; and
- internal policies, procedures and guidelines, with emphasis on the Signing Authority Register, the Non-Competitive Procurement process and Conflict of Interest.
Note: Attendees are requested to read the following website sites prior to attending the workshop:
- Procurement Services http://www.yorku.ca/procurement/
- University Policy on the Procurement of Goods and Services http://www.yorku.ca/secretariat/policies/document.php?document=27
- Procedure for the Procurement of Goods and Services http://www.yorku.ca/univsec/policies/document.php?document=58